Saturday, May 30, 2009

May Rockin' Sock Club Package

Life has been pretty hectic these days so I completely forgot that the third Rockin' Sock Club package was due until about two days before it arrived. When I got the delivery notification I thought it was the Angel dvd I had ordered online so I had a very pleasant surprise in the post office. When I actually opened the package (on the sidewalk while waiting for the light to change), I had another pleasant surprise: I love this colour! (I'd been disappointed last month)


Look at the richness of the colours. (Please pardon the darkness of the pictures; it's an overcast day)
I was less thrilled with the pattern. I think the yarn is too busy for the pattern. Someone on Rav knit it in solid coloured yarn and it looks fantastic so I might try that sometime. For now, I needed a pattern that would show off the beauty of this yarn. Some suggestions were made in the STR group on Rav including the Anastasia sock pattern. My Koigu Anatastasia socks are probably my favourite socks I've knit and I think the pattern would be perfect for this yarn. Isn't it nice when problems can be solved so easily :)

Tomorrow Pete and I are heading off on an adventure. We're going to Halifax for 5 days! I've never been so we're pretty excited about it. I'm looking forward to visiting museums, going whale watching (hopefully), eating lobster and fondling much Fleece Artist yarn. See you next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, the anticipated Halifax trip. :) Have lots of fun fondling Fleece Artist.

Azura said...

OMG! That sock yarn is FABULOUS! I love love love! Makes me want to knit another pair of gloves with it ;)

Team Knit said...

Ooh, that colourway is amazing!! I love the wine tones. I agree the pattern is not my cup of tea either, so hopefully you'll find something you like more!

- Julie

Anonymous said...

I love that colorway! I'm sure you'll come up with something perfect for it!
Have a great trip! Don't send out too many resumes while you're gone. Take some time to relax!